To get a marriage licence, you will need to:
Marriage Licence Application form
and it must be signed by both parties.
- bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must include your photo.
Examples of government-issued identification:
- government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
- valid passport
- record of immigrant landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- valid driver’s licence
- valid Ontario Photo Card
- pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality)
The licence fee is $100.00 and can be paid by cash, cheque or debit.
A marriage licence is valid for 3 months from the date it was issued.
*** In order to ensure that staff are available to issue the marriage licence, please make an appointment by contacting Kristen Szoczek, Deputy Issuer, at 519-468-2410 ext. 232 or email@example.com